Please wear a SHORT SLEEVED SHIRT to your surgery appointment.
If your surgery is planned with ANY type of sedation, please make arrangements to have someone pick you up after surgery and stay with you for the remainder of the day. A Cab or Bus are NOT acceptable forms of transportation.
- If your surgery is being accomplished with IV or IM sedation, you must NOT eat or drink anything after midnight the night before. You should not plan to drive for the remainder of that day.
- If the planned surgery will be done with oral sedation, you may eat a light meal 2 hours prior to the surgery time. No caffeine. No driving for the remainder of the day.
- You will be required to medicate with an antibiotic 1 or 2 days before your surgery. If you have a history of rheumatic fever, heart valve insufficiency, or joint replacement, you will need to take additional antibiotics post surgically. If your physician hasn’t prescribed an antibiotic for any of these conditions, please let us know so we can prescribe them to you.
- Any medications that have been prescribed by your physician should be taken as usual with a small amount of water with the exception of blood thinner medications. If you are taking a blood thinner or aspirin on a daily basis, please contact our office well in advance of your surgery appointment for possible modification of dosing.
- Today you will receive prescriptions for necessary medications. Antibiotic prescriptions vary according to the types of surgery. It is important that you carefully read the instructions on your prescriptions and take exactly as indicated.
- To help our patients have a stress free experience, we recommend that soft foods, nutritious beverages, and all doctor prescribed medications should be purchased prior to scheduled surgery date. Unless other arrangements have been made with the office, payment for your surgery is due prior to the day of your appointment.
DURING Business Hours, Call: 327-0263
AFTER Business Hours, Call: Dr. Robinson: 429-4845 ◦ Dr. Mackelprang: 230-5556